- Data security using advanced secret sharing techniques.
- Individual slices or groups of slices less than the threshold are unrecognizable as actual data.
- Only when a user has access to a threshold number of slices can the original data be recompiled.
- Allows multiple clients to securely and separately house their virtualized data within a shared storage cloud.
- Ensures each client’s data remains securely protected and unrecognizable by any of the other clients on the system.
KeyInside™ Data Protection
- Data is encrypted and only a portion of the encryption key is embedded within it.
- The entire encryption key cannot be reconstructed without a user-defined threshold number of slices.
- Multiple security schemes including IP access controls, SSL connection encryption and authentication certificates.
- Intelligent background process that proactively scans and corrects errors.
- Scans slices for integrity and rebuilds any corrupted slices.
- Checks both slice integrity and file data integrity prior to delivery.
- Provides K of N fault tolerance for individual storage nodes using sophisticated Information Dispersal Algorithms.
Unified Storage Platform
- Multiple applications can securely share the same storage infrastructure.
- Storage nodes are virtualized and data isn't tied to specific hardware.
- Predicts the optimal network routes and storage nodes to most efficiently return data.
- Doesn’t require the full width of slices to be written for the write to be considered successful to compensate for failure conditions at nodes or within the network.
- Utilizes a three-phase commit process to ensure against the possibility of data corruption.
- Dispersed Storage™ approach provides better storage efficiency than traditional RAID and replication.
Easy to Manage
- A single administrator can manage terabytes to petabytes to exabytes with an easy-to-use web-based application.
Industry Standard Hardware
- Industry standard, high density and energy efficient components.
- Uses highest capacity disk drives in densely packed hardware configurations.